TownCentre Rehab Clinic carries braces that are off-the-shelf or custom-made. Towncentre Rehab’s physiotherapists can provide consultations to help you choose the right product for you.
Braces can be a good complement to physiotherapy rehabilitation, because it helps to restrict movements that can make your injury worse. They are most common for treating injuries such as:
- Tennis and golfers’ elbow
- Wrist sprains / ligament tear
- Ankle sprains / ligament tear
- Knee sprain / ligament tear – ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL
- Low Back pain
- Various thumb/finger injuries – skier’s thumb
- Various knee injuries – patellofemoral pain syndrome, jumper’s knee, meniscus tear
Custom-made braces are fabricated based on precise measurements taken. They are made to address specific dysfunctions, such as kneecap mal-tracking, post-operation, chronic sprains etc. Because they are custom-made, the brace provides advanced support for joint instabilities, and often preferable for return-to-sports. It is also superior for people who experience knee pain from osteoarthritis.
Custom-made braces are fully covered by most extended health insurance plans.
Visit us or call us today to ask how Towncentre Rehab’s custom bracing can help you achieve your personal best!