What is Falls Prevention Program, and can it help me?
Our falls prevention program assesses and treats individuals who are having falls or are at risk of falling. This group or individualize program run twice a week over 6 weeks, and involve components of the following:
- Assessment with your physiotherapist
- Group exercise program designed to improve overall strength, balance and gait
- Home safety information session
- Home exercise information session
- Information session about safe medication practices
- Ongoing consultation with your physiotherapist
This program is for you if you have any of the following risk factors for falls:
- Feeling unsteady when walking
- Problems with balance
- Impaired vision
- Impaired cognition
- Personal hazards (personal footwear or clothing)
- Environmental hazards (loose rugs, uneven ground)
- Use of multiple medications
- Previous history of falls
- Alcohol consumption
Who should attend?
- Anyone who experiences falls, or is at a high risk of falls
- People who are able to safely take part in a supervised exercise program
- People who are able to walk 25 metres
Why should I attend?
- 1 in 3 seniors will suffer a fall this year
- Falls can result in serious injury and hospitalization
- Fear of falling can lead many seniors to withdraw from activities
- Many falls are preventable
- Intervention by a health care team has been shown to reduce falls
Visit us or call us today to ask how SmartLife falls prevention program with a physiotherapist can help you achieve your personal best!
- 09 Aug 2016
- Additional Programs